Terms and Conditions
The Carolina Inn will make available the best guestroom rates at www.CarolinaInn.com – the “Best Rate Guarantee.”
In the unlikely event that a lower rate at The Carolina Inn is made available on a non-Carolina Inn website (the “Competing Rate”), upon its receipt of a claim that satisfies these Best Rate Guarantee terms and conditions, The Carolina Inn will honor that Competing Rate and provide the individual that submitted the valid claim an additional 10% discount off the Competing Rate per room per night.
- For a claim to be eligible under the Best Rate Guarantee, it must be submitted through the claim submittal web form available here.
- A claim must be submitted prior to, or within 24-hours after making a reservation through www.CarolinaInn.com, and at least 24-hours before the standard check-in time of 3 PM EST, and for any day included in the original reservation.
- A claim form may be rejected by The Carolina Inn if it is incomplete, or is submitted in an unsupported language.
- For the Competing Rate to be valid, it must be a currently available lower published online room rate for The Carolina Inn, the same dates, the same number of guests, the same room type with a similar room size, and include similar or additional value-added amenities (i.e. complimentary breakfast).
- The Carolina Inn will compare the total room cost of a stay, and multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more nights in the same week at The Carolina Inn.
- The Carolina Inn will convert any Competing Rate offered in a different currency than the rate made available through www.CarolinaInn.com, and may deny claims where it determines that the difference between the rates is due to exchange rate fluctuations.
- Booking fees, extra adult fees, fees for children, and rollaway charges will be included in the rate comparison. Taxes, gratuities, or any mandatory charges that may apply at The Carolina Inn will be excluded from the rate comparison.
- The estimated value of value-added amenities (i.e. complimentary breakfast, tickets, gas coupons) offered as part of a Competing Rate will be excluded from the rate comparison, and will not be provided by The Carolina Inn when honoring a lower rate.
- The Carolina Inn may deny claims where the difference between the Competing Rate and the rate on www.CarolinaInn.com is less than one percent.
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to:
- Unpublished or negotiated rates (i.e. corporate discount rates, group rates, meeting rates);
- Rates requiring membership in a club or other organization, offered pursuant to direct mail or email solicitations, requiring discount codes or coupons, or otherwise not intended for the general public;
- Package rates (i.e. rates that include a combination of a room and airfare, an overnight cruise, car rental);
- Rates offered by opaque providers (i.e. Hotwire, Priceline) that do not provide the name or location of the hotel until after a reservation has been made; and
- Rates offered on on-request websites that do not provide immediate hotel confirmations (i.e. Asiaweb).
- The Best Rate Guarantee does not apply to existing reservations that are not booked through www.CarolinaInn.com, and The Carolina Inn is not responsible for any fees associated with cancelling a reservation made through a different channel (i.e. a call center, a non-Carolina Inn website).
- If a valid Best Rate Guarantee claim is submitted without an existing reservation, the individual making the valid claim will be contacted by The Carolina Inn and must make a reservation in the manner communicated by The Carolina Inn by the earlier of 24-hours from receipt of the communication or 3 PM EST check-in time at The Carolina Inn. Failure to make a reservation in the required time period will invalidate the claim.
- The Best Rate Guarantee will be suspended during times where www.CarolinaInn.com or certain rates are not available due to an outage, a technical issue or a circumstance beyond The Carolina Inn’s reasonable control.
- A Best Rate Guarantee reward will only be provided if the individual making the valid claim stays in the reserved guestroom.
- The Carolina Inn has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any claim and will not review documentation provided by the individual submitting a claim as part of its validation process. The Carolina Inn reserves the right to deny a claim if it cannot independently verify the availability of a Competing Rate at the time it processes the claim.
- The Carolina Inn may at any time and without notice terminate or restrict a person’s ability to submit a claim under or otherwise benefit from the Best Rate Guarantee, if in its sole discretion The Carolina Inn determines that such person has: (1) acted in a manner inconsistent with applicable laws or ordinances; (2) acted in a fraudulent or abusive manner, (3) submitted multiple invalid Best Rate Guarantee claims; (4) failed to stay at The Carolina Inn after receiving approved Best Rate Guarantee Claims; or (5) breached any of these Best Rate Guarantee Terms.
- Any disputes arising out of or related to the Best Rate Guarantee or Best Rate Guarantee Terms shall be handled individually without any class action, and shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of North Carolina.
- Void where prohibited by law. The Carolina Inn reserves the right to amend, revise, supplement, suspend or discontinue the Best Rate Guarantee or these Best Rate Guarantee Terms at any time in its sole discretion and without prior notice.