Make A Reservation


Accommodations

Historic Chapel Hill Accommodations with Southern Charm

Since 1924, The Carolina Inn has served as a comfortable and cheerful hotel for visitors to the campus of UNC Chapel Hill, and a home for returning alumni. Built by prominent alumnus John Sprunt Hill and designed by award-winning architect Arthur C. Nash (who also designed a number of other University landmarks) its mix of early American and English Regency styles creates a unique atmosphere of easy elegance and historic ambiance.

The Carolina Inn has completed its first phase of lodging renovations which has revitalized many of our guestrooms and maintained the historical charm and elegance for which The Carolina Inn is known. Completing this portion of our guestroom renovation has greatly improved the Inn's sustainability and efficiency, and increased guest comfort and amenities. 

If you are staying in one of our newly renovated deluxe guestrooms, you will be pleased to know that these rooms have extra features that further expand our efforts to be a responsible member of the community.

  • 80% of all guestroom furniture was produced in North Carolina and the remaining 20% was manufactured within 500 miles of Chapel Hill, reducing carbon emissions during delivery
  • Many pieces of guest room furniture were constructed from raw materials managed through the Sustainable Forestry Initiative
  • Guestroom fabrics treated with an environmentally-friendly stain treatment that is recyclable and has MBDC environmental certification
  • Guestroom pillows and upholstery filled with soy-based poly foam
  • Mattress made from bamboo fibers and soy products and is 99% recyclable
  • Mattresses manufactured by Kingsdown in North Carolina, reducing carbon emissions during delivery
  • Guestroom carpet made from 25% post-consumer recycled materials and produced under strict environmental guidelines; the entire carpet is fully recyclable
  • Dual-flush guestroom toilets to conserve water

Located on the campus of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, our hotel features 185 charming and well-appointed guestrooms including 7 luxury suites, while still maintaining the historical charm and elegance for which The Carolina Inn is known.

Our comfortable guestrooms and suites feature all the amenities you need for business or relaxation in Chapel Hill, NC, including:

  • Work stations
  • High-tech amenities including data ports
  • Telephone and voicemail
  • 32" HD LCD flat-screen TV
  • Express check-in & check-out services 
  • Complimentary in-room coffee and tea
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access in all guest rooms 
  • Cotton waffle-weave bathrobes 
  • Nightly turn-down service

Services:

  • Valet parking (Daily 6am-11pm)
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access in public areas
  • Hotel fax and copying services
  • Room service
  • Gift shop
  • Dry cleaning services (Monday through Friday)
  • Express check-out
  • Newly renovated on-site fitness center
  • In room spa services available -- click here for menu



It appears you are using an older web browser! While using our site, you may encounter some trouble along the way. For PC users, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of Internet Explorer or Firefox. For Mac users, we recommend the latest version of Safari or Firefox.