The Carolina Inn Launches Its Facebook Fan Page
Become a fan of The Carolina Inn on Facebook
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (March 11, 2009) - The historic Carolina Inn announces the launch of its Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Carolina-Inn/62056831499?ref=ts) as part of its newly redesigned website CarolinaInn.com that captures the charm of the property and engages guests with an array of tools and features that will generate additional online traffic and ultimately bookings. New Facebook fans will automatically be included in a monthly drawing for a gift certificate for dinner for two at the Carolina Crossroads Restaurant.
Some of the elements and enhancements of the new web site include:
- "Your Carolina Inn Blog." The 85-year-old Inn's introduction into social media will allow guests to engage with the property and share their experiences with other guests. Additionally, this tool can be used by the historic hotel to converse with guests and share tips, things to do, thoughts from the Chef and other fun facts on the Carolina Inn.
- Homepage flash that captures the Inn's elegance, history and unique qualities.
- Online dining reservations to the Mobil Four Star Award-Winning Carolina Crossroads Restaurant.
- Photo gallery, e-postcards and 360 degree virtual tours throughout the entire hotel.
- A robust events calendar featuring photo thumbnails and events from throughout the Chapel Hill and UNC community and the hotel.
- Trip planner that builds upon a basic interactive map and has local attractions and destinations preloaded so that they can be added to an automated trip planning itinerary.
- An expanded press room with many media resources like fact sheets, press releases and recent media coverage.
About The Carolina Inn
Recognized as one of America's "cultural resources worthy of preservation," The Carolina Inn is listed on the National Register of Historic Places with elite status as a AAA Four Diamond Award Hotel and Mobil Four Star Award-Winning Dining at the Carolina Crossroads Restaurant. From the day it opened in 1924, the 184-room Inn has played an important role in the life of the University of North Carolina and the Chapel Hill community. As one of only four hotels in North Carolina built before 1925 to remain in continuous operation, it has long been one of the most popular sites in North Carolina for special events, weddings, business meetings, and academic conferences with over 13,000 square feet of flexible meeting and event space. In addition to having a rich cultural history, The Carolina Inn is architecturally significant, blending elements of antebellum Southern plantation houses with Georgian and neoclassical features often found in the Northeast. The original front of the building was modeled after the Potomac River front of Mt. Vernon. The Carolina Inn is one of more than 30 independent, upscale and luxury hotels, resorts and golf clubs in the United States managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, the fourth largest independent hospitality management company in the country. www.carolinainn.com