A guest who attended the Annual North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association (NCRLA) "Taste of North Carolina" event requested Executive Chef James Clark’s Bacon Wrapped Turkey recipe on our Facebook wall. The request and recipe are noted below. Enjoy!
Please, please, please post Chef James's recipe for the bacon-wrapped turkey from the annual North Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association (NCRLA) "Taste of NC" event! Land sakes that was wonderful! Great staff, too! Thanks. :)
12 Slices of Cherry Wood Smoked Bacon
Half a Turkey
Prepare the Day Before
- 12 Slices of Cherry Wood Smoked Bacon laid out long ways overlapping.
- Cut turkey long ways and wrap bacon around turkey.
- Shape in plastic wrap and keep even on both sides.
- Sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Unwrap turkey from plastic wrap and place on a rack with a drip pan underneath.
- Roast turkey in the oven for 1 hour and take an internal temperature.
- Once the internal temperature reaches 120°, pull the turkey out and baste it with Cackalacky sauce every 15 minutes or until the turkey reaches an internal temp of 160°.
- Once it reaches 160° remove turnkey from over and allow it to rest for 20 minutes before slicing.