Today is National Fried Chicken Day! Celebrate by preparing Chef James Clark Simple Fried Chicken Recipe. It’s finger-lickin’ good…
- 2 3lb Chickens Cut Into 8 Pieces
- 2 Tbs. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbs. Onion Powder
- 2 Tbs. Paprika
- 1 Tbs. Dried Sage
- 1 Tbs. Cumin
- 3 Tbs. Crystal Hot Sauce
- ½ C. Buttermilk
- AP Flour
- Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- Peanut Oil
- Combine all dry spices together.
- Add the hot sauce and buttermilk, then pour mixture over the chicken. Mix until coated well.
- Place chicken back into the refrigerator and let sit for at least 1 hour.
- Add flour in a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and place mixture into a paper bag.
- Add chicken four pieces at a time and shake bag.
- Once chicken is completely coasted with flour, place it on a cookie sheet.
- Let chicken sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken rests, heat oil to 360°.
- Coat chicken one more time in the flour before placing it in the oil.
- Fry in two batches until golden brown.