Your Home Away from Home in Chapel Hill
Convenience, Comfort and Gracious Hospitality
As the closest hotel to the UNC Medical Campus and a UNC Healthcare System Preferred Hotel Partner, The Carolina Inn is dedicated to providing you with gracious, caring service and a worry free hotel experience in Chapel Hill.
We're here to help UNC hospital patients and families for their short term or long term stays. Our dedicated and friendly staff will make you feel at home and take care of all your special needs during your stay at our hotel near UNC Hospital.
Carolina Inn Benefits
- Owned by The University of North Carolina
- Located 3 blocks from UNC Hospital
- Only steps away from downtown Franklin Street - charming shops, museums and galleries
- Located near Research Triangle Park and Raleigh Durham Airport
- Daily Complimentary Shuttle Service
- - Available on demand from 7am - 11pm
- - Includes the hospital and the immediate surrounding areas within 5 miles of hotel
- On-site award winning Carolina Crossroads Restaurant with farm to fork seasonal menus
- Room service available from 7am-11pm
- Complimentary WiFi Access
- Complimentary USA Today located in the lobby
- Complimentary In-Room Coffee and Tea
- Self-Service Business Center with print, copy and fax services
- On-site Fitness Center
- Hotel Gift Shop
Our UNC Hospital Patient and Family Preferred Rate Is Available Year-Round.
UNC Hospital patients and families are exempt from the 6% occupancy tax.
About UNC Healthcare System
UNC Healthcare is a world-class academic medical center, including a top-ranked public medical school and modern hospitals for children, women, neurologic and psychiatric patients, and general adult patient care. The system includes nationally recognized centers of clinical excellence, in such areas of special expertise as burn care, diabetes, gastrointestinal diseases, obstetrics, organ transplant and pediatrics. UNC is also home to NC Cancer Hospital, one of a small number of National Cancer Institute-designated centers in the United States which opened its doors in Fall 2009.
UNC Health Care has been nationally recognized as a leader in quality, ranked among the top 50 in the nation in six specialties by U.S. News & World Report and ranked one of the country's 41 best on the Leapfrog 2007 Top Hospitals list. N.C. Children's Hospital is one of the best children's hospitals in the nation, according to U.S. News Media Group's 2009 edition of America's Best Children's Hospitals, the most extensive listing of its kind.
UNC Health Care is improving health and treating disease across North Carolina. In addition to comprehensive medical, surgical and psychiatric care, UNC is a leader in health promotion and disease prevention.